Camille finally made her appearance after 24 hours of being in the hospital. I would love to tell you that we had a funny story to go along with her birth, but really it was just LONG. Not only was she a week late, but she still took her sweet time after I was induced, too! We went in on June 25 at 4am and didn't get to meet our little girl until 3:52am on June 26. She was SOOOOO worth the wait though! 6 lbs 7 oz, 20 inches long, and absolutely perfect. :)
She is SUCH a good baby, too! She sleeps well for a newborn, doesn't cry loud, and loves cuddling! On top of that, she is very cooperative with her Momma who loves dressing her up!
Jeff and I LOVE being parents! It's definitely an adjustment from our life before, but what a richness this little bundle brings! It is pure bliss sitting on the couch with my wonderful husband and darling little girl. Am I saying that motherhood has been a seamless transition? DEFINITELY NOT!!!! Haha!
Things I have learned over the past 7 weeks:
~Your visions of motherhood (being productive or sleeping while the baby sleeps) are quickly recognized as delusions. When the baby sleeps, you get to go to the bathroom, shower, and eat. Sometimes you have to prioritize which of these is most important because this time is precious and rare (especially when you're obsessed with your baby and just want to take some time to stare at her cuteness while she sleeps). Haha!
~Dressing up dolls is not NEARLY as fun as dressing up a baby! I was under the impression that having a baby girl was going to be a lot like dress-up as a young girl, but I was wrong! Now your "doll" makes expressions and moves around, and those clothes become SO MUCH CUTER!!!
~The expression "sleeping with one eye open" was probably modeled after babies. Camille doesn't want any funny business when she's drifting off to sleep (such as stopping the food supply or putting her in her bassinet), so she sometimes keeps one of her eyes open until the last possible moment. Jeff and I refer to it as her "Pirate Eye."
~The washing machine will never be empty again! You have so many baby clothes and burp cloths and blankets with spit-up and leaks that a load is always ready to get done! But has a load of laundry ever looked so adorable? Probably not! :)
~Your tolerance for messes on YOU is increased ten - nay, one hundredfold! "Oh, did you just spit up down my shirt? No big deal!" "What's that warmth I feel? Oh, your diaper wasn't thick enough for you, eh? No worries." Did I mention that you do a LOT of laundry? Haha!
Also, sneezes need warning labels...
Also, sneezes need warning labels...
~You can't outsmart your baby's digestion! In fact, freshly clean diapers are MAGNETS for another dirty one to follow shortly.
~Punctuality is something you have to re-learn with a baby in the mix. You think that an hour is enough time to get the baby and yourself ready? Nope - that's enough for the baby to eat, burp, get diaper changed, and get changed into a new outfit. Then you are running around like a crazy person trying to find a shirt and pair of pants that match and are clean and you still are late... I hope to master this some day... In the meantime, at least SHE looks good!
~You don't know a true workout until you are trying to soothe or burp a newborn ten or more times a day. You have a built-in medicine ball while you bounce and lunge and sway, making it a little easier to get a figure back! I mean... look at this butterball!
~You have a whole new level of love for your husband as you watch him care for and love your baby. So tender and sweet!
~Interacting with your baby is the best! Watching her mind work as you talk to her and seeing her develop is so fulfilling!
~You haven't experienced the sincerest forms of emotions until they are attached to your baby. The pure joy you get from making her smile; the anguish of hearing her cry out in pain; the humor of her reactions. It's truly amazing! :)
I have to admit: I was really apprehensive about leaving the workplace to be a stay-at-home mom. I am SO glad that I was able to do it though! Heavenly Father has blessed us tremendously with us being able to become debt-free before her arrival and being able to live off of just Jeff's income. Plus, have you seen her? :)
she's so precious!!! i hope i get to meet her soon! hugs and kisses for the bebe! (and a hug for you, for good measure).
ReplyDeleteGosh I love my family!!
ReplyDelete